Ocelot Frame Bag - Large
The Wildcat Ocelot is our universal partial frame bag, modelled on our original Clouded Leopard frame bags. The design is the result of careful optimisation of a wide range of frame sizes and geometries from different manufacturers, which offers the user excellent flexibility of using the same bag between bikes of similar sizes.
- Dimension Polyant LiteSkin21 and Ballistic nylon fabric construction
- Left side pocket for more convenient map or document storage
- Battery lead or hydration hose port underneath the top tube
- Internal padding to protect frame and provide a rattle free ride.
- Full length YKK #8 waterproof zip on main compartment with protected closure.
- Nominal bag width: 85mm.
By taking the measurement of the total length of the underside of your top tube, you can select which size you require according to the following guide:
- Small – Length: 410mm (16″); Depth: 100mm (4″); Approx capacity*: 2.3 litres
- Medium – Length: 460mm (18″); Depth: 100mm (4″); Approx capacity*: 2.7 litres
- Large – Length: 500mm (19.5″); Depth: 125mm (5″); Nose Depth: 50mm (2″);Approx capacity*: 3.6 litres
- X Large – Length: 530mm (21″); Depth: 150mm (6″); Nose Depth: 70mm (2.5″); Approx capacity*: 4.7 litres
The small, medium & large size Ocelots have a rounded nose to suit shorter headtubes. The XL Ocelot has a snub nose to fit a longer head tube, which is usually characteristic of frames of this size.
The approximate capacity of the Wildcat Ocelot is determined by taking the nominal length, width and height measurements to calculate capacity in litres. In practice, the maximum width of a loaded bag will slightly exceed the 85mm nominal width around the spine of the bag, and so provide marginally more capacity than that stated above.
If you find your top tube falls between two sizes, pick the closest. If it’s exactly halfway, we recommend sizing up.
Are your Ocelot frame bags waterproof?
We describe the Ocelot as very water resistant, in much the same way as most good quality rucksacks are. The LS21 face fabric is waterproof, as is the YKK zip, but as the seams are not sealed prolonged exposure to heavy rain could lead to moisture inside the bag. We recommend protecting any sensitive items in dry bags if wet conditions are expected.
My bike is between sizes, which should I go for?
We recommend you pick the closest size to the quoted measurement. If you are exactly between two sizes, we suggest sizing up to achieve the best fit.
Will the Ocelot fit around my cable guides?
Variations in cable guide position are difficult to predict. Generally, any cable guides on the inside of the main triangle do not cause any issues. Cable guides falling on the outside of a tube can usually have the strap secured over them without adverse affect to either frame bag or cable function.
I have a top tube pack from another manufacturer. Will it fit?
The top tube straps of the Ocelot have been designed to accommodate most makes of top tube bag.